Hey guys, I'm new to reddit and this is my first post. I was wondering if anyone had some advice for a soon to be college graduate going into the IT workforce

So like the title says I'll be graduating from Middle Georgia State University next year and my Comcentration is in cybersecurity. Lately I've really been thinking about life after college and what my plans are for finding work. As of now I don't have any professional IT experience but I do have a decent amount of knowledge about IT in general I feel. I'm currently looking to get my Network + and eventually security + from Comptia to help kickstart my career.

Of course getting some actual experience before jumping into cybersecurity or even networking should definitely help. The thing is I'm not entirely sure where to start. Getting the degree is nice and all but I haven't exactly had any luck landing internships either. Any advice? Should I start off with a help desk position if I can land one and build up from there?

submitted by /u/Pmedley26
[link] [comments]

from IT http://bit.ly/2X00qgg

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.