Serious Question: What exactly is a Computer Network?

I am having difficulty understanding what exactly is a Computer Network.

Additionally I have been doing some reading and am having difficulty understanding what a LAN is.

So at home I have what is called a Home Network, from my reading it has been suggested that a home network is also a Local Area Network. Now then my problem with this is that a computer network is suppose to be a group of computer systems and other computing hardware devices that are linked together through communication channels to facilitate communication and resource-sharing among a wide range of users. My problem with this is that at my house none of the devices that we use are connected together and we do not share resources so then why would my home network still be considered a local area network? Yes we are in a limited area but our devices are not connected nor do they share resources.

I'm not sure about anything anymore lol I guess I will keep reading and hopefully can figure it out.

submitted by /u/jrosen01
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/2QjxHNd

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.