Looking for advice to learn IaC and Cloud Engineering

Hi all, I'd describe myself as "informed" when it comes to IT. I've never held a professional position in the field and have worked in digital marketing over the last 10 years. After being blindsided (entire team laid off) for the 2nd time in those 10 years I'm looking to make a career switch. I've always been intrigued when it comes to the "computing" side of things rather than the "coding" side of engineering. I know HTML/CSS/Javascript as a function of some of the work I've done in marketing, so code isn't entirely lost on me, I just don't find pure coding fun or rewarding, I'm sure it is for some, not me.

Anyways, my question is: If I wanted to dive in headfirst into IaC and Cloud engineering, where would I start? Should I start by getting an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner cert? I'm looking for something that will have me prepared for what's coming up in the next few years.

I don't want to do any more college (already have a master's) and after reading all of the threads on here saying that they wish they hadn't gone to school is giving me validation in my thoughts. Are there any good Udemy courses that would give me a good understanding of these things? If I'm looking for the most efficient and best way to go about this, would that be the way?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Project-MKULTRA
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/3fpjVno

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.