23 and looking to start over?

Looking for a little advice here. I’m 23 in Ontario and have a BA in something entirely unrelated to IT. I’ve been doing work in the service industry since I graduated and have been researching where to go next after being unable to find a promising job in my field. IT keeps coming up as a promising/interesting option.

I’m looking for a little advice on how to best break into the field. I’ve seen talk of the basic certifications to start with on this sub, and there are both free ways to learn and college prep courses out there for said courses. Is a college prep course worth it? I’m also confused about how much “business analysis” has to do with IT and have been unable to find a solid answer.

There are also some postgraduate programs I may be eligible for due to the degree, but I’m going in with next to zero knowledge. I could always take a program starting over from scratch, but I worry about taking another 2-4 years to get on my feet and working in a good job. I already feel like I’ve wasted so much time, as well as accumulating student loan debt.

Would getting certifications get me into an entry level job without more schooling? What path makes sense here?

submitted by /u/ClevingersCloud
[link] [comments]

from IT http://bit.ly/2UVqH9A

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.