Choosing Subnet Masks (Help please)

Hello all,

I'm currently studying IT in my current college, and am stuck on a homework I need to do. Could someone explain to me how I can solve this problem? Here's the full text for the problem.

Problem Set 4 starts with a short set of requirements regarding how a particular classful network should be subnetted. The requirements include the classful network, the number of subnets the design must support, and the number of hosts in each subnet. For each problem, supply the following information:

  1. The minimum number of subnet and host bits needed in the mask to support the design requirements.

  2. The dotted decimal format mask(s) that meet the requirements

  3. The mask you would choose if the problem said to maximize the number of subnets.

  4. The mask you would choose if the problem said to maximize the number of hosts per subnet.

Note that you should assume that the 2 special subnets in each network, the zero subnet and broadcast subnet, are allowed to be used for these questions.

Find the key facts for these sets of requirements:

a. Network 10.0.0.0, need 50 subnets, need 200 hosts/subnet

b. Network 172.32.0.0, need 125 subnets, need 125 hosts/subnet

c. Network 192.168.44.0, need 15 subnets, need 6 hosts/subnet

d. Network 10.0.0.0, need 300 subnets, need 500 hosts/subnet

e. Network 172.32.0.0, need 500 subnets, need 15 hosts/subnet

f. Network 172.16.0.0, need 2000 subnets, need 2 hosts/subnet

This is all for the problem. I totally get lost as I start reading, it just is very confusing. Please show me a solution to one of the problems step by step, (Or even a video (YouTube) where it details everything I need to know for this)) and I will try to apply the same method to the rest of the problems.

Thank you for helping.

submitted by /u/Greenstylus
[link] [comments]

from IT http://bit.ly/2IBOIzK

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.