Simple ways to practice break/fix?

Hi, everyone. Before good ol' COVID-19 struck, I was getting started in my first job as a desktop technician. I might be returning to work in two weeks after this long break we've had and I was thinking that since I haven't been training on the job, maybe I could spend some time learning my way around Windows 10. From what I saw while shadowing my trainer, there's tons of slightly different issues that could come up with a person's computer. I'm sure there's no real way to prepare for all of them, but I was hoping that this is the right place to ask for advice on how to get a working base of knowledge of a computer for break/fix (sorry if it's not -- I barely use Reddit).

For example, would anybody say that there are some must-know features of a computer or Windows 10 that I should mess around with on my own computer? If there are any experienced desktop technicians here, would you say that the job is just something you have to learn by doing, or did you get a lot of mileage from self-teaching yourself the features of your own computer. Thanks!

submitted by /u/GC_Bluebird
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/3bmNQKX

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.