A lot of questions from someone who is interested in getting into the IT field.

Hey guys, lets start with the basics. I am 24 years old, HS Diploma, minimal college education, all of my jobs have been in the food service industry, and "average" knowledge of tech. My questions are:

Is it possible to get into the field without going back to college? If so, how?

I realize there are a bunch of different branches for IT Techs, what do you guys do? What does a normal day look like for you?

What is the pay like from Entry Level to whatever the highest position is in your field?

Edit: What are some of your favorite things about your career and some of your most hated?

Thank you guys for your time and answers. Now this is just some more in-depth information about me if people were curious: I went to community college on and off for about 3 years before dropping out. Unfortunately I don't have much to show for it. I have been a barista for a total of 3ish years, baker, caterer, cook, gas station attendant, wildland firefighter, sushi chef, dessert server ,and now I'm a bartender. Since I turn 25 this year, I was thinking I should get my shit together.

submitted by /u/KenjiJZ
[link] [comments]

from IT http://bit.ly/2Va8cCh

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.