Career change from criminal justice to IT... Masters needed? Resources? Thank you!

I'll try to keep this as concise as possible.

Education: B.S. in Criminal Justice & B.A. in Spanish

Background: Local level intel & security jobs

Goals: Information Technology/Security; Data Mining; or CyberSecurity (still trying to learn more to decide)

Desired workplace: Preferably contracting for the federal government

Questions:

- Should I go back for a masters in IT? I know a lot of people on here have said it's not worth it, but since I'm hoping to work for the government I feel like it might be necessary.

- What resources (textbooks, videos, online courses) should I start studying to catch myself up, if I were to do a masters program? Or what to study just in general regardless of a masters...

- I know programming and IT are not directly intertwined, but coding has always interested me. If I were to begin learning a language as a hobby, which would benefit me the most for my career goals?

I know that's a lot of info and questions, but I'd really appreciate any help you can give me!

submitted by /u/kateontheroad
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/2LqXHFk

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.