How important is a master's degree vs just work experience?

I recently started a Masters of IT, specializing in software design and management. I've completed 2 out of 12 classes for it and I'm starting to question the value of having this masters. About a month ago, I started a full-time job as an IT support technician. This is my first chance at real-life IT experience and I am really enjoying it. However, I feel kind of overwhelmed with having a full-time job and Master's classes to also focus on (I'm also working on my A + certification that's paid for by my employer, and will do more certs after this). Should I feel bad about just dropping out of grad school? What kind of thoughts do you all have about the value of a Masters of IT?

EDIT: I should also add that my bachelor's was nothing to do with IT but was in healthcare.

submitted by /u/urinetroublem8
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/2ojMlKn

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.