I have my first real IT consult and I need advice.

So, I have been in the technology field for a while. Tech sales, to network troubleshooter for a multiple enterprise ISPs, to IAAS cloud computing, to Help Desk troubleshooting for a billion $ Manufactoring Company. I have exposure and I am confident in my abilities to work on small and large environments alike. I have never worked on the development side of the tracks though. I have always been interested, but until now, I have never had an oppurtunity.

Well, now I do.

A career colleague contacted me and requested a IT consultant for a company his wife started. He informed me of how the Third party IT the company pays for couldn't even figure out the printer was out of ink for over a week (remote troubleshooting) and was charged over $1500 for the call time.

I feel this is a good oppurtunity I could start an entrepreneurship and work as a single man IT support for the company.

What are some tips I should know for my phone call with them tomorrow to discuss their IT needs.

How should I plan before, during and after?

I hope it's not to much to ask if your time.

submitted by /u/factor3x
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/37722Xj

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.