Your IT admin has limited access to some areas of this app...

I'm hoping someone else has had this error and has a quick solution. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish and what I have already tried.

My daughter finally convinced me to download a game and start playing. I'm not much of a gamer but she talked me into it. So I download Civ 6 and I love the game but no game settings, like audio, would save. I can't save the actual game either, I just start over each time which is frustrating. So I start troubleshooting.

  1. I have full ownership and control over the Steam folder and subfolders...so including the game itself. (so full write privileges)
  2. Scanned for previously installed antivirus but found nothing.
  3. Had to install regedit on Win10 Home to enable Controlled Folder and some Virus and Threat Protection policies but still don't have access to those settings. (didn't realize that was not a standard Win10 application)
  4. sfc /scannow > no corrupted files.
  5. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth > again nothing found. System in good health.

Short of deleting WinDef Reg Keys, which I feel like is a bad idea, and doing a clean install or recovery I don't know what else to try. I still cannot access Virus and Threat Protection settings including Controlled Folder Access......which I THINK is where I need to whitelist Steam so my games will save.

Has anyone had this issue? What was the resolution?

submitted by /u/crypto-anarchist86
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/3aB4G9i

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.