Information Technology vs Accounting for Introverted people?

I currently work in help desk making 14 an hour. I have CompTIA trifecta and 2 Microsoft admin certs. I've been at my current job for 4 months after switching careers from firefighting. They only thing is I've been uncertain what to do ever since graduating from college in 2016 with a kinesiology degree.

My dad suggested to do IT because accounting will get automated or I'll get stuck working at H & R block. He was also saying it would be bad for me because it requires a lot more social skills and I would need connections/nepotism to get a good job. So, he suggested IT because he said it would be less schooling, is better for introverted people, and there would be more job opportunities in the future. However, I'm worried about the stability, and if I'll ever get out of help desk.

Some people on reddit suggest Accounting because it's more stable. However, IT does seem to pull up more job opportunities on indeed, and a lot of the accounting postings do require many years of experience, many jobs want a masters with CPA, and the client facing nature make me not want to do it. But I do have an interest in business analytics, the stock market, and and finance so I have been attracted to the field, but it may be different actually working for a company doing 90+ hour tax seasons.

With IT I'm worried about having 8+ certs for a job, the constant recerting, outsourcing of jobs overseas. Accounting seems to be going the recertification way too with all of the CPA and auditing credentials needed too tho. I'm an introverted and analytical personality type, but I'm not into small talk as much which is what worries me about accounting? Although I see the field suggested often for introverts which makes no sense? Which one is the best in the long run for someone introverted? And what is the better field in the long run?

submitted by /u/ElectricOne55
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/33bwNtJ

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.