All company computers are bootleg Windows 7. Best way to keep them healthy?

I work for a small English teaching center in Vietnam. They don't have an IT department, so I'm left alone to deal with any computer issues. However, all the systems are using bootleg versions of Windows 7 Ultimate SP1. This causes a lot of issues, as we can't update any systems or run antivirus/malware without ripping out the mojo that lets the fake W7 run properly.

I'm trying to convince my company to upgrade to W10. But whenever I try to do an upgrade on the machines, I attempt to use the systems activation key (found using nirsoft prodkey software) and the fresh install of 10 doesn't accept it. I can update the systems to 10, but they'll eventually deactivate cause we don't have legit keys for them.

Vietnam (and by association, this company) is poor, so getting legit versions of Windows is too expensive. I want to get our systems running in the most healthy and legitimate way I can muster.

I'm new to the IT field, so I'd appreciate some advice on how to deal with systems in this kind of environment.

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/ToastArtillery
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/2FRfoKG

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.