BitLocker/Windows BIOS problems

Hello. Not sure if anyone can help me, but I work for a school as an Ed Tech, and I am preparing devices for new employees. On my last device I'm stuck. I refreshed the OS and couldn't get past the Dell logo. Pretty sure my windows OS is corrupt (first IT job so I apologize if my description isn't great), so I decided to reinstall Windows with a bootable USB drive. What I didn't realise was BitLocker was keeping me from doing this on any of my available partitions, so I went into the command prompt to temporarily suspend BitLocker. Tried to use "Manage-bde –Protectors –Disable C: -RebootCount 0" but am returned with something along the lines of the OS not being in the C: location. Any other possible drives give me an incorrect location error. At this point I have no idea where to go from here. Any possible suggestions? It's just a Dell laptop running Windows 10 pro.

submitted by /u/tomg_888
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/2GMDB5E

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.