Any software that allows kids to pick movies from a tablet and have it play on a television?

Hey there, this is my first time posting on reddit - if I'm breaking any etiquette, please let me know! That said, I am trying to find a solution to the following problem:

I'd like for my two year old daughter to be able to pick a movie on on a tablet (ideally an android tablet or something) and have it play on the television. The catch is that I want the tablet to have almost no user interface. Basically, the "home" screen will be nothing but movies to choose from in the form of the movie cover (so my daughter can recognize it). Tapping on the movie will have it render on the television (NOT tablet), and turn the tablet into a controller for the movie (play, pause, go to certain point, or return to the home screen).

Is there any kind of free software out there that can accomplish this? If not, what is the best approach to handle this myself? I figure the movies could be hosted on a server, and then an application could be installed on the viewing device (whatever is rendering the output to the TV) and the tablet respectively (similar to Plex). I have a programming background, just need a nudge in the right direction. Thanks!

submitted by /u/jroeser637
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/2KbcQcL

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.