Quick question about a software tool- IT inventory tool for PCs

When I did a lot more direct support and institutional support some years ago, I used to use a tool that I would run on each computer and it would spit out a multipage formatted report of all software, hardware, drivers, serials, etc- it was freeware, and I can't for the life of me remember what it was.

I'm getting a new laptop tomorrow but I have a butt TON of music, MIDI, VSTs, and sound files on it- many on a 2nd installed drive, but some of them mapped primarily to the C:drive (which was only 80GB for booting Windows, but before I added the 2nd drive). Its a Win 10 computer, so I can't just dump the image onto the new computer, and the organization is a mess anyway so Im going to start over. I just don't want to have both systems up and open in front of me the whole time- id do better with list that I can check off.

Im open to all suggestions of a similar tool, even if its not the one that I used to use. That was about 8 yrs ago since I've worked in IT other than moonlighting, so even my thumbdrives with things installed on them have been for the most part lost or re-purposed. Anybody have any favorite PC inventory tools that aren't command line based and not the Windows system report?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/alathea_squared
[link] [comments]

from IT https://ift.tt/31MZ4pP

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.